IBC provides a full range of inkjet printing solutions for all your product marking needs. Print high-quality text and graphics onto lumber, cardboard, and other flat packaging materials.
Continuous Inkjet (CIJ) vs Thermal Inkjet (TIJ)
Continuous Inkjet Printing has dominated the market for industrial printing solutions due to its ability to print high volumes quickly on a wide range of surfaces. But CIJ has its drawbacks, including cost of purchase and lower resolution prints, and other technologies have evolved to fill the gaps. One such development is Thermal Inkjet Printing, which has proven to be better for some industries with its flexibility when dealing with changing out ink colours, lower maintenance requirements, and lower initial cost.
- CIJ if great for high-volume operations where you are looking for speed and accuracy
- Higher capital cost
- Lower cost of ink
- Routine maintenance required
- Lower resolution print
- Can print on almost any substrate
- Higher environmental impact (more VOCs released, more solvents needed)
- TIJ is great for smaller volume operations where you need flexibility, ease-of-use, and high-quality print
- Lower capital cost
- Higher cost of ink
- Lower maintenance
- Higher print resolution
- TIJ technology is expanding what materials it can print on, but there are still some limits
- Lower environmental impact (fewer VOCs released, TIJ printers consume less power)
With over 25 years of experience in barcoding, labelling, and printing solutions, the specialists at IBC can help you find the right traceability system for your business needs and budget. Contact us for information on the best option for your operation.